Tuesday, January 12, 2010

All I want

All I want from you is your honesty. Your devotion. And your love. Three simple things that make my world go round. When the time is right I will love you. I will be there for you. I will never judge you. I am simply a shoulder for you to cry on, an ear to listen about your day and your stories, and arms to hold you. I am yours and you are mine. We are each others.

My dream...

In the morning we wake up in each others arms. Tangled. You whisper you love me and kiss me passionately. We never want to leave the bed. But we must. I make you breakfast as you feed our children and our dog. When its my turn to take the kids to school you hold me and kiss and you never want to let go. When we are at work I look down at the picture of us on the beach. We have on content faces as your arms drape over my shoulders. Encased in that black frame is us in love.

When we are all at home, you begin to cook dinner as I go for my run. When I am done and exhausted I go shower but not alone. You join me. You kiss my neck and squeeze me close.


We have the delicious dinner you made. Watch a movie with the kids. Tuck them in and read them one of the many children's books we have amassed over the years.

We crawl into our oversized bed together. You pull me close and I put my head on your chest. I listen to the thumpa thumpa of your heart beat as we both drift off into a content sleep.

This goes on for years. We share Christmases and birthdays and endless nights of love. We witness our children grow and find families of their own, making ours even bigger and even more full of love. When we die we die with peace knowing that we loved and loved entirely. Living our lives how we wanted them to be lived. Thank you for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment